i-BrainTech is a growing business with a rapidly expanding customer base. Therefore, we are now looking for a sociable, motivated, and proactive individual to operate our first-ever i-BrainTech Mind Studio in Israel, as we expand our efforts to allow athletes to enhance their performance.
As an i-BrainTech Mind Studio Operator, you will gain a deep understanding of the Technology and the Neuroscience behind it. You will directly engage with professional athletes - football and basketball players - and will be responsible for the full operation of the Mind Studio. This includes onboarding new clients, setting up and operating the system, and providing training and support.
We are looking for individuals who have excellent interpersonal skills, are empathetic in nature, are well organized, and are motivated to be a part of the emerging field of applied Neuroscience. This role is ideal for those who has the potential to grow and launch their career in one of the most promising SportTech startups in Israel.
- Lead the i-Brain Tech Mind Studio in Tel Aviv:
- Build customer relationships with top athletes and sports clubs
- Manage the brain training sessions schedule
- Set up and operate the brain training system
- Promote athletes’ performance enhancement
- Facilitate sales enablement [Learn how to identify up- and cross-selling opportunities]
- Operate in various locations: Mind Studio, professional sports clubs, and sports academies.
- Drive customer success and satisfaction on an ongoing basis.
- Work with the software development team on solving technical issues and developing new features.
- Be a part of the team that searches for opportunities to improve our technology, workflows, and products.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities (Hebrew and English)
- Highly organized and a self-starter
- Ability to travel (in Israel or abroad)
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role within the software and/or technology sector
- Basic understanding of or interest in Neuroscience
- Experience with onboarding customers to use technological products
- Passion for sports
- Experience in brain-computer interfaces (such as EEG and MRI)
- Management experience
- Programming experience
- Knowledge of languages other than Hebrew and English
- Vehicle ownership and a driving license